Hehe, that title has absolutely no other purpose than to make me laugh. Job well done I should say. For those who wish to be clued in on the joke, I can’t lie when I say the fact that this isn’t a universally known reference pains my soul a wee bit, simply because it’s simultaneously iconic, horrendous and hilarious. The trifecta, if you will, of a truly divine meme. JT. NSYNC. Google it and chortle along with the rest of us. Any who, back to your usually scheduled program of someone who, with every letter more of this joke is loosing any sort of respect she may have had, just wants to talk about what she’s looking forward to this May.
01. The fact that we are even in May astounds me because April felt like it lasted forever, but now, I’m not actually convinced that April ever happened. Government conspiracy perhaps? Time travel? A glitch in the Matrix? May in the south doesn’t mean spring (which is unfortunate because I love spring), it means we go directly to summer. I’ve already been laying out in the sun working on a tan in between classes, hoping to make some progress in the transition from a ghost to an actual healthy looking person. Desperately need to get some SPF though, the sun is a lot harsher here than it is back home, plus it’s always important to protect your skin! I’ve got a couple new bathing suits that are ready to be tested and my skin has been begging me for some vitamin D, so if you need me, check by the water!
02. I’ve decided to take May to give my hair and my skin a bit of a cleanse and reboot. I usually straighten my hair on a regular basis (which does a fair amount of damage to my naturally curly hair) but with some berating from friends and a good look at my nasty split ends, I convinced myself to put the straightener away for the next 30 days. Since I haven’t worn my hair natural consistently for well over a year, I’m going to be on the lookout for some new products that will keep the frizz down but also keep my curls looking curly. If you have any recommendations for curly, dry, or damaged hair, please let me know down below!
03. As we meander our way into summer, the summer heat makes it nearly possible to keep foundation on my face. While of course there is always the option of going makeup free, there are some days where I just want a little coverage on my skin to help me look a bit more put together. I’m also doing a lot of traveling this summer so I need to find something that is travel friendly and has great staying power. Any ideas?!
04. May marks the final month of my first year if college (exciting and daunting) and I’ll most likely be doing a more in-depth post about it in the near future but I thought I’d just touch on it a bit now. I’ve definitely got a lot that has to happen before the end of the months —finals— and I’m really on two different feet on how I feel about it coming to an end. On one hand, yay summer, except my summer is probably more jam-packed than my school year was, and on the other, this means I’m a quarter of the way through my college experience and that’s terrifying. My last post Looking For Direction went into how I’ve been feeling in regards to school, as well as other things, so definitely give it a read if you haven’t.
05. Once again, because summer is poking it’s head around the corner, I’ve decided that it’s time to be updating my wardrobe. I’ve been struggling with my wardrobe for the past few months, trying to figure out what I want to be wearing, why I don’t like how things look on me, etc. It’s been quite discouraging because I love fashion but it seems I’ve come to a bit of an impasse with my own sense of style. I’ve never been a great dresser in the summer, I have a tendency to lean towards comfy shorts and oversized t-shirts because I often can’t be bothered but as I’ll be doing a lot more this summer that won’t be keeping me inside an ice arena for ten hours a day, I definitely need a change of wardrobe. To the shops I go!
What are you looking forward to this May?
Some posts may contain affiliate or sponsored content. Said posts will be marked with an *.
ps. To any of my Miley Cyrus fans, the image above is from the site where they filmed the Last Song! Definitely geeked out while driving through!